Wednesday 7 July 2010



I raced at Manchester last wknd for Rounds 7&8 of the National Series. The track rode really well all wknd even though the wind on Sunday was probably the worst i've ridden in there before.

I felt good going into racing on Saturday but we had slight delay on the first moto with Kelv having the wrong plate on. Events unfolded to the point that he staged a one man protest in the middle of the track (was pretty funny!) as he was told he couldn't race that 1st moto. I understand where he was coming from but the problem was that other people had the same issue(Amelia in the race before ours!!) and weren't allowed to race so to allow him to ride would've created a divide between Elites and everyone else. There was a problem with the lights which did allow him enough time to change the plate before the race BUT he was told before anyone realised there was a problem with the lights thats he couldn't race that moto. Again, i can see where he was coming from but in my eyes went about it all in totally the wrong way and i did speak to him about it during it all and after it all calmed down.

Back to the racing and we only had 2 racks again so was straight to the main. LP was in 3 with me in 4. I got a good pop and started to close him down. I thought i'd done enough just going into turn 1 but obviously not as he appeared from nowhere on the inside and took the lead. I felt close to him on the 2nd turn but after that he pulled a bit out of the turn and i was just a bit to far off him to make anything stick in the last turn. Overall i was pretty happy to take the 2nd behind him and make it a UPB top 2.

Sunday's moto's went fine. Again, straight to a main with LP in gate 1, KB 2, Cal 3 and me 4. I had a real good pop and strated to move across towards the inside. LP got out ok too i think as he started to move out and Kelv got caught in the middle of both of us. By the first jump i had a wheel or so but we were all super tight and came together on the take off of the next jump with LP and KB coming off worse. I unclipped and got caught from behind which ripped the buckle on my shoes to bit's but luckily got straight back in and just made sure i got into turn 1 first. I was confident that if i could do that then i'd win as i felt my track speed was good all wknd. I took the win ahead of Kyle and DW.

All in all a good wknd on a good track. Another well run national for the yr. Roll on Gosport in August......can't wait to ride 8!!!!!! straights!!!

I'm off to Norway tomorrow for the Euro Champs so i'll try an update whilst i'm there.

Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment